Although I love hip hop and rap, R&B/slowjams are my shit. I was trying to find songs on how I felt and what I was going through .. boy that was hard ): but now I have an official playlist! Enjoy (in no particular order)! Keep in mind that the songs may not exactly be 100% for grief and loss but I have interpreted and relate to it that way.
1. So Lost – Melvin Gutierrez
This was one of the few songs that was in my iTunes (phew), I was really trying to make a playlist of whatever music I had.
2. I Miss You – Aaliyah
“Now you’re gone and I’m lost without you here and now. but I know I gotta live and make it somehow”
3. It’s So Hard to Say Good-bye to Yesterday – Boyz II Men
4. Can You Help Me – Usher
5. How Do I Live – Leann Rimes
I want to say thanks to my cousin for telling me to listen to this song when I was creating my playlist. You’re the best.
6. I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
I want to say a personal thanks to another cousin of mine for singing this song at my grandpa’s funeral. You picked the perfect song love.
7. All Alone – Immature
8. Missin You – Brandy , Tamia, Gladys Knight, & Chaka Khan
9. Missin You – Live with Gladys Knight, Chaka Khan, & Jennifer Holiday
10. One Sweet Day – Boyz II Men & Mariah Carey
11. Make Heaven Wait – Wayne Brady
12. Crossroads – Bone Thugs N Harmony (Not R&B but whatever)
13. Last Promise – Asia 4
Being the Vietnamese little kid I was, listening to music with my family. This boy band song hits home.
14. Reflection Eternal – Nujabes
And when words can’t describe how you feel…
15. Beyond – Nujabes
16. Better Today – Ne-Yo
Lastly, when you need a pick me up.
Just remember you have your own way of mourning for your love ones. Mourner’s Bill of Rights
Love you Grandpa.